Experienced Fire Alarm Engineer
As a BAFE registered company, we are pleased to be offering a new career opportunity for an experienced Fire Alarm Engineer to join our professional team serving a range of clients in the commercial, industrial and domestic sectors, assisting with maintenance and installation works
Our work force are valued individuals who together make a strong team that take pride in their work, with good communication skills and who represent the company with an honest, professional attitude.
Our unique selling point is that we can provide services on both emergency lighting and fire alarms. This role is predominantly to carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance visits, fault finding and respond to unscheduled call outs. Produce accurate records and certification of work undertaken and provide information to the office as required.
The position will also involve design, commissioning and installations on fire detection systems for various building types and at various stages, including preparation of relevant documentation such as reports, sketches and drawings.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong hands-on experience across the key elements of the role as described above
- Experience of carrying out routine maintenance, fault-finding, trouble-shooting and repairing faults on a variety of systems.
- Have experience in first fix through to second fix on a variety of sites – from small scale projects to large commercial properties.
- FIA qualification, Units 1 & 5 at a minimum, further units are extremely desirable.
- Knowledge of UK fire safety legislation and guidance as well as international guidance documents
- High standards and the willingness to be flexible.
- A current, clean driving license
- Intermediate computer skills to include knowledge of MS Office systems, email
- Be able to identify solutions to problems.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and capable of working with minimal or no supervision.
It would be advantages but not essential for candidates to also hold the following:
- 17th Edition
- Electrical background
- IPAF/PASMA or equivalent
- First Aid
- Asbestos Training
- Current ECS card
To apply you must complete the following Job Application form: GFE Electricians Application Form
Send via email to email@example.com attaching your opening letter and CV.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within seven working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.