Testing & Inspecting
‘Testing and Inspecting’: Although installations appear to be in good condition, they will not last forever, regular testing is recommended to maintain installation are in a safe condition….
Although installations appear to be in good condition, they will not last forever, deterioration due to age and wear and tear will happen. Regulations require regular inspections and testing to take place to maintain installation in good and safe condition. EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report, once known as a Periodic Inspections) are carried out in accordance with the 17th edition of the IEE wiring regulations, BS7671.
If you live in a property that is older than 20 years, and you have a fuse box that looks like one of these, (add photos) then there’s a chance that your electrical wiring is not up to standard and could potential be dangerous. So for peace of mind do not hesitate to get an inspection booked in today.
Home Buyers report:
It is not unusual to be requested to carry out a test on a home for sale, by either the purchaser or the vendor. It gives peace of mind that the property being purchased is electrically sound. The test is carried out at a convenient time for the vendor and a certificate will be issued. If requested and necessary a report on the remedial work can also be provided at an extra cost.
Landlords Please Note….
Landlords do have a legal ‘Duty of Care’ to their tenants for electrical safety.
Having your electrics checked now could prevent a tenant being injured from faulty electrical installations, leading to a lengthy and expensive legal case.
It is recommended that an EICR (Electrical Installation Conditions Report) is carried out, since it provides full electrical testing using calibrated equipment. However a cost effective way to check you electrics is with a ‘Visual Electrical Condition Report’.
- The report is carried out in accordance with BS7671.
- As the name suggests, it’s based on visual inspection only with no electrical testing.
- It is sufficient to determine, as far as is reasonably practicable, whether the installation has suffered any damage or deterioration or has any visually-evident defects that may affect safety.
- Wiring condition checks
- Consumer unit / Fuse board condition checks
- Damage / Wear & tear on switches / sockets etc.
- Functional operation of smoke detectors. (Mains only)
- Functional testing of electrical accessories
- Earthing checks
- The report provides clear and understandable recommendations along with prioritised remedial works.
- Low cost
- Visual Reports are recommended annually or upon every change of tenant, whichever is sooner.
- All reports are in a pdf format and can be emailed or printed